Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Modern Baby Crochet


 I just bought the book Modern Baby Crochet by Stacey Trock. Stacey Trock is one of my favorite crochet designers. I love this book! I love it when crochet is presented in a classy way. I feel like Stacey is good at doing that. The book itself is beautiful. The pictures of the crocheted items are wonderful and I love it that the book is separated into sections based on color. There are bolds, pastels and neutrals. If you have chosen a color theme for your nursery, you can go straight to your color section. Of course you can mix any pattern and color up, your the artist! But Stacey did a great job of fitting designs with colors. 

 This book doesn't have to be just for a nursery. I am making the Pouf for our living room. I have wanted to make this ever since I saw the picture of it. The design is reminiscent of a sea urchin. It is going to make a great ottoman. I kept my color neutral but I went with a dark charcoal from Mary Maxim that is a wool/acrylic blend. It will take a beating and not show dirt the way the cream one in the book would. Her directions are very straight forward and clear. She has a section to explain all of the stitches used in the book so, if you are unfamiliar with the bobble that you see used in the Pouf, it is explained in the front. 

 I highly recommend this book. I loved it so much that I started two projects at once! The Pouf works up quick on an N hook and chunky yarn. So, I started another one that will take a bit longer. It is an argyle blanket that I will blog about later ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You will need to choose a selection under the "Comment as" drop down menu. You can comment using just your name by choosing the "Name/URL" option.