Thursday, May 17, 2018

Sweet and Simple Doll

When my oldest daughter was a little girl, I made her many dolls. She is all grown up and now it’s time to make cloth dolls for my two youngest girls! I enjoyed making this sweet and simple doll. I just drew up a simple design, and she is button jointed.

I would like to share, that her hair is needlefelted wool. The cloth is cotton and she is stuffed with polyfil. I wasn’t sure if the wool would felt in but it did nice and strong. This made making doll hair so simple! I just placed the wool roving where I wanted it and used my felting needle where I needed it held in place. Even her braided buns are held in by felting! Her hair was finished in no time!




2 comments:

  1. Melissa, Your needle felted hair looks fabulous. I just love what you can do with needle felting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes I agree! Needlefelting is amazing!

      Delete

You will need to choose a selection under the "Comment as" drop down menu. You can comment using just your name by choosing the "Name/URL" option.