Saturday, July 14, 2018

Easy Peasy Scrubby!

I picked up some Red Heart Scrubby Sparkle while I was shopping at Hobby Lobby the other day. Some time ago I was watching the Yarn Hoarder’s podcast and she highly recommended it for scrubbing dishes. So when I saw it, I grabbed a skein.

Lately I’ve been working on felt and crochet commissions which have kept me busy, but today, I’m a little under the weather. I just need to take it easy this morning but wanted something to do while resting. So, I grabbed my scrubby yarn and started crocheting! I wanted brainless and quick crocheting for a morning like this lol!

And with that, I have this very easy, very beginner friendly scrubby pattern for you! It is worked in a flat spiral. That’s it! I have left it one layer because this yarn is already covered in little scrubby fringe so it’s heavy duty. And I think a single layer washes up cleaner than something doubled up.

You can make a bunch for yourself or have a stock pile for housewarming, birthday and Christmas gifts!




You will need~
1 skein Red Heart Scrubby Sparkle ( I’m using the ice pop colorway)
A 4mm or US G crochet hook
1 stitch marker

Begin with an adjustable loop.

Work 6hdc in loop, pull loop tight

Work 2 hdc in each st around pm in first st (12)

Work *1 hdc in first st, 2 hdc in next st* repeat to end of round (18)

Work *1 hdc in next 2 st, work 2 hdc in next st* repeat to end (24)

Work *1 hdc in next 3 st, work 2 hdc in next st* repeat to end (30)

Work *1 hdc in next 4 st, work 2 hdc in next st* repeat to end (36)

Work *1 hdc in next 5 st, work 2 hdc in next st* repeat to end (42)

Work *1 hdc in next 6 st, work 2 hdc in next st* repeat to end (48)

Cut yarn and finish off! It is that easy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

You will need to choose a selection under the "Comment as" drop down menu. You can comment using just your name by choosing the "Name/URL" option.